Saturday, March 29, 2008

This Blog

This blog is aimed at past, present, and future Clevelanders. This blog is for Clevelanders young and old. This blog is for the young professionals in Cleveland reversing the "brain drain." This blog is for the politically charged Clevelanders fighting to make Cleveland a world class city with great mid west people. This blog is for Clevelanders who make Cleveland such an artistically cultured city, and for the Clevelanders who love being cultured. This blog is for sports fans, restaurant connoisseurs, musicians, academics, sailors, theatre patrons, skiiers, writers, photographers, partiers, hikers, and everyone else who makes up the great mix of Cleveland.

This blog is all about my connection back to Cleveland. I am currently pursuing a graduate degree which has taken me all over the country for the past few years. I was born and lived most of my life in Cleveland and always wanted to leave. Now that I have left for a few years, and have lived in some large cities all over the US, I am ready to come back.

Cleveland is one of those cities that breeds people who want to leave until they leave and realize that Cleveland is really where they wanted to be. It takes some people longer to figure out that Cleveland is where they should be, but if they are supposed to be there they will. Then, the people who left end up spending all their time trying to convince everyone else to stay in Cleveland or to move back. This blog is my attempt.

This blog is my contribution to spread awareness about Cleveland, the great people, and the amazing opportunities. This blog is also a tool to combat all of the negativity that people, mostly Clevelanders themselves, bring on to the city. It is a challenge to those who have left to come back and for those who are there to enjoy and to make a difference. Finally, I want to use this blog to find and remember all of the cool things that I must do once I get back to Cleveland.

Special thanks to loumuenz.com for the great Cleveland photo I am using as my header. You really have to check out his photography, it is amazing.

No comments: